The CAP Dumbbell Set and Rack overview
Dumbbells are excellent weights for strength training. Strength training is when you work your muscles by lifting, pressing, pulling or pushing a weight such that you have to exert a force to move the weight.
You have to force movement by flexing your body muscles. When muscles are worked in this way human biology says they grow bigger, leaner and gain more strength.
The CAP dumbbell pairs are perfect for strength workouts. The dumbbells come in pairs of the same weight.
As a beginner, it is an advantage to invest in the set with the rack. The samllest pair is the 5 Lbs and they progress in 5 Lbs increaments up to 25 Lbs.
For guys who are now working out like ‘Pros’ the Cap Dumbells go up to 25 Lbs for your big muscles and strength.
The good thing is all the 5 pairs in a set. Focussing on the guy who has just started working out, you start with the smallest pair, the 5 Lbs.
You can progress to the 10 Lbs pair as you get stronger and your muscles get used to working out. Slowly increase the weight and by the time you get to 25 Lbs you will be buffed up and strong.
This will take time and hard work though. It will not be a walk in the park but it will be worth it. You will lose body weight, gain strength and look muscular.
It looks messy to have dumbbells lying all over the floor scattered. Pack them neatly and securely in the CAP dumbbell rack.
Common dumbbell workouts
There are many exercises you can do with dumbbells. The following are some of the exercises :
- Bicep Curls
- Wrist curls
- Wrist Extensions
- Tricep extensions
- Farmers walk
>>> Click here for detailed Dumbbell Workout Routines <<<
You must warm up before working out with dumbells. Warm up will help prevent injuries and muscle cramps.
You could warm up by stretching the muscles for 3-5 minutes. Dumbbells also work very well when combined with other equipment to make a mini gym and do circuit training.
The content on this page contains links to merchants on the products under review. I might earn money for coffee if you buy something from the merchants through these links. Note this does not affect the price of your purchase. Thank you for the support. See Full Disclosure here
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Product : CAP Barbell 150-Pound Dumbbell Set with Rack
My Rating : 8 out of 10
Why the CAP Dumbbells with the Rack
The CAP dumbbell pairs and the rack may look like any other gym equipment but there are several positives about them worth pointing out
- Good value for money for 5 pairs dumbbells with the rack.
- This is a good investment for your workouts that will not leave your pockets empty. You will still have money for other equipment.
- The dumbbells are great for home use where you have limited space. The fact that you stack them on the rack going up saves space in your home gym. The rack is just 26″ high
- The dumbbell weights are grey iron coated. This limits damage on your floors and walls.
- The dumbbell weights are formed into a hexagon. They will not roll on the floor.
- The dumbbell handles are knurled with small ridges the surface for easier and comfortable handling. This provides a very good secure grip.
- The dumbbell weights are made of iron and the handles made of stainless steel. The rack is also made with a steel frame and is very strong.
- They all generally last a lifetime. You buy the dumbbells and rack once to last you a lifetime of working out and keeping fit.
- The rack is supplied in multiple color options. You have a choice of color.
- The steel frame of the rack has some plastic caps at the bottom. This helps to reduce damage to your floors
- The notches on the steel rack have some plastic lining. They will not scratch your dumbbell handles
- The rack is easy to assemble. You can put it together in under 30 minutes.
The CAP dumbbells and rack have some negatives. That is why my rating for them is not a perfect 10. I have rated them 8 out of 10. They do have some flaws
- The plastic linings on the rack will wear out over time. However the steel frame will last.
- At the time you receive delivery the rack has a strong chemical smell. It does however disapear after a week or two if you keep it exposed to air.
- Some people will find the metal grip on the dumbbells to cause pain and blisters in their palms. The quick solution is to get comfortable gym gloves with some padding for the palms but that’s another small cost.
Despite the above mentioned flaws i still think the positives of the CAP Dumbbells with Rack outweigh the negatives. The 5 pairs dumbbells with the rack are good value for money.
You invest only once for a lifetime. Thats a lifetime of working out and keeping fit with all the beneifts that come with exercising.
I recommend an investment in the dumbbells and rack to add to your Home Gym Equipment. Your home gym cannot be complete without the dumbbells nicely packed on the rack, ready for a workout at your convenience.
Dont forget to drop me a comment in the comments section. You can also ask me any questions you may have, just write in the comments section I will respond…
Enjoy your workouts….
Please follow us and share..