Punching a Bag for exercise
A punching bag is a good piece of equipment to own for cardio workouts. Cardio workouts raise your heart pumping rate and increase your blood flow. This has numerous benefits for our bodies and health.
- You get to burn fat and lose weight
- Clears bad cholesterol
- Lowers blood pressure
- Increased muscular strength and endurance
- Good heart strength
- Triggers release of feel good endorphin hormones
- Improves bone density
- Improves sleep quality
The content on this site contains links to merchants on the products under review. I might earn money for coffee if you buy something from the merchants through these links. Note this does not affect the price of your purchase. Thank you for the support. See Full Disclosure here
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Product : Century Original Wavemaster Heavy Punching Bag
My Rating : 8.5 out of 10
Cardio exercise should be a regular activity in all our lives. Owning a punching bag will enable you to do your workouts.
Like in any workout routine you must start by warming up. Make sure your body is warmed up before the workout.
You however need to master the correct technique and procedures to reduce the risk of injury and ensure you get the full benefits. You need to master the punching combinations including:
- The jab
- The cross
- The hook
- The uppercut.
You also need to master the kicking combinations if you are going to do some kicking. The kicks will depend on which art you are going to engage.
Generally you can practice some high kicks and low kicks
You need to learn the correct foot positions, the body swings and the hip rotations. This will all enable you to enjoy the workouts and reap the accompanying benefits.
>>> Click here for our Punching Bag Workout Routines <<<
Features of the Century Wavemaster Heavy Bag
Century is a tried and trusted manufacturer of heavy punching bags. Their quality is always up to standard. Their bags strong and made to last
The Century Wavemaster Heavy Bag has the following features
- It is a free standing type which you can place anywhere. You do not have to hang it from the ceiling.
- It has a round base which needs to be filled. I recommend for beginners just fill it up with water. It will work just fine but as your punches get stronger you need to fill it up with sand. Sand is heavier and denser than water and will make it remain in place as you punch.
- The bag weighs about 250-270 Lbs when filled
- You just place it on the floor. It does not have to hang from the ceiling
- It comes with 7 height adjustments. You can adjust the height from 47″ up to 68″
Alternative heavy bag – The hanging type
Everlast Heavy Bag
This is the hanging type which you must hang from the ceiling or somewhere high. This particular one is also from another tried and trusted manufacturer Everlast.
If you have somewhere to hang the bag it is also another good one. Strong and made to last.
The only disadvantage is the fact that you have to suspend it somewhere high. You will not be able to do this in the house. You could maybe hang it in the garage if you have one.
My recomendation for ease of use and for beginners to bag punching is the Century Wavemaster for now.
The Pros for the Wavemaster Heavy Bag
The Century Wavemaster Heavy Bag is an excellent investment for your workouts. I have given this bag a good rating of 8.5/10 for the following reasons:
- It’s a freestanding bag. You do not have to hang it from the ceiling. You just place it on the floor and start your workouts
- Now you can work out in the bedroom, even in the living room. The round base makes it easy to roll away and move it into storage
- The bag is flexible from the base. It has a rapid rebound when you punch it or kick it.
- Multi colors from the suppliers. You can choose your color.
- No assembly required when you receive it. You just fill up the base with water or sand.
- The bag is height adjustable. Depending on your height, you can move it up or down. Maximum height is 68″
- The bag is made of high density form which is quite durable.
Any exercise equipment comes with its flaws and the Wavemaster Heavy bag has its fair share of flaws.
- Heavy punchers may knock over the standard size of the bag. This means they have to order the XXL size of the bag which will be bigger and heavier and will hit your pocket more.
- You need to place the bag on a non slippery mat to prevent slipping as you punch and kick.
- The extra cost of sand. It may not be much but you need to keep that in mind.
- Delivery is charged seperately. The suppliers mention this is excluded from the price
Despite the above mentioned flaws, I think the Century Wavemaster heavy punching bag is a good investment for your cardio workouts. The pros in this case far outweigh the cons. You do not only get to enjoy the heavy bag but you also enjoy the full benefits of HIIT – High Intensity Interval Training workouts.
It is generally a durable piece of equipment which you can buy once and use for a very long time.
Regular exercise should become a part and parcel of our daily lives. Make regular exercise a habit and a lifestyle for a long and healthy life.
You must compliment regular exercise with eating a healthy and balanced diet. Your life will be free of the common diseases and you are bound to live long.
Please leave a comment in the comments section. If you have any questions or need to engage, do not hesitate to write in the comments section. I will definitely get back to you….
Please follow us to receive the latest posts by email and share if you enjoyed reading this :