When you make the decision to start exercising, it will definitely be from some compelling personal reasons. It might be because you are overweight and want to lose some kilos.
It could be to improve your general health and improve your heart health. It may be because everyone else is doing it and you don’t want to be left out.
Whatever your personal reason you certainly need to start searching for Fitness Equipment for Beginners. You need some basic equipment and accessories.
The importance of exercise
Regular physical activity has many benefits in our daily lives. It is important to engage in 30 minutes or more of some form of physical activity on a daily basis for our general well-being.
Regular exercise has numerous benefits which include
- Keeps diseases and sickness at bay as it boosts our immune systems
- Helps with good heart function and lowers blood pressure reducing risk of heart attack
- Keeps weight under control and prevents obesity
- helps us to keep physically fit and it becomes easier to perform household and work chores
- mood lifting and makes you feel good – The body releases the endorphin hormones which relieve stress and pain
- Live longer and sleep better
Your choice form of exercise
You can engage in many forms of exercise. What is important is to extract the benefits listed above for our general well-being. The different forms include
- Resistance training
- Weight lifting
- Stair climbing
- Brisk Walking
How to start as a beginner
As a beginner its important to start with
- Some light aerobic exercises in the first few days to get your body to get used to exercising. Aerobic exercises include brisk walking, running, swimming, cycling and stair climbing.
- Pick something you will enjoy doing for a sustained period of about 30 minutes. These exercises will get your heart pumping faster, increase your blood flow and start working your body to burn fat and produce lean muscle.
- After the few days of aerobic exercise you can start introducing body weight exercises into your routine. These can take the form of squats, push-ups, lunges, planks, bicycle crunches and jumping jacks. Body weight exercises will start to get your body to build strength.
- To take it further you can introduce resistance training with resistance bands for extra muscle strength and lean mass.
- In advanced stages of training you move to weight training making use of free weights. Weights will help you build bone mass and more muscle strength. Start with lighter weights and slowly increase.
Beginner’s Equipment & Accessories
When it comes to fitness equipment for beginners exercising at home, its better to invest in a good brand that is durable and will last you a long time since we encourage you to make exercise a lifetime engagement.
The temptation maybe to limit your budget but cheap in the short term will always be expensive in the long term. Invest in well-made quality items that you will need to buy once for keeps or to last a very long time.
The other consideration is comfort as you engage in physical activity. You must acquire apparel that will not hurt your limbs which certainly cannot be replaced.
For aerobic and body weight exercises you will need
- Appropriate and comfortable clothing like a sweat vest or sweat shirt with shorts or track pants that can stretch and will not limit your movement as you get on with the physical activity
- Exercise shoes that are comfortable with a good grip. If you go into running or jogging you need good running shoes with a good sole that will not hurt your feet.
- A rubber exercise mat. You need this one for floor exercises. It must have good grip and not slip on the floor.
- A treadmill for in house running. It will work your lower body, your calves, hamstring, quads and glutes. Running is generally good for your cardiovascular system.
- A stationary exercise bike/cycle for aerobic training. It will work your lower body and legs. It will also work your core and back.
- A rowing machine. This one covers a lot of muscle groups and it is quite a total workout. It will work your Abs and burn your belly fat. It will also work your upper back, mid back, your thighs, hamstrings, biceps and forearms.
For resistance and weight training you will need
- Resistance bands for working arms and legs – These are foldable and portable. They are good for when traveling. You don’t want to miss out on exercise because you left your equipment at home.
- Dumbbells, Bar Bells, Kettle Bells and Free Weights. Use these to work you biceps, triceps, shoulders and chest. You can also use the bar with weights to do squats and work your glutes, hamstrings and quads.
- Resistance training machines (works with a cable and pulley system with weights at the end) These will need some space in the house.
- You can set up in the garage or an empty room. Use the machines to cover all your different muscle groups in the upper body, mid section and lower body.
- Medicine balls are also multipurpose for working the upper body, mid core and lower body.
>> Click here for our Strength Training Workouts <<
Every piece of equipment will work different muscles in a different way. The best way is to have a variety of equipment so you can perform different routines for different muscle groups
Set some goals
Set yourself some goals when you start exercising. Sit down and write where you want get to and the time frames Its important as part of planning.
It will also help you not quit. After all what is life worth if we were to start things and quit before finishing. We all need to have a winning culture and achieve our life goals.
Start with small goals which you can easily achieve. That way you will not quickly be discouraged. You then increase from there. Start pushing yourself to do better and better. Set higher standards all the time as your body gets used to exercise.
Make Exercise a lifestyle
Exercise should not be something that you do once then sit back and relax. It does not work like that. To fully enjoy the benefits of exercise you must engage regularly.
Make it a lifetime habit. When you stop for a while then start again its like you are starting from the very beginning.
So don’t stop once you start. Set yourself a time table which you must stick to. The timetable depends on your choice of exercise. Some exercises you can do for 30 minutes daily.
When the intensity increases, you will not need to exercise every day. Give your body time to recuperate and rest. Our bodies and muscles are designed in such a way that when they are strained they will need time to repair and regenerate themselves.
In this case you can exercise every other day or after every two days depending on the level of intensity of the exercise.
Choose an exercise routine that you enjoy doing, something that you find fun. That way you will not get bored easily and stop. You may find someone to work out with if you prefer, even your spouse or partner to share the exercise fun with. That way you will push and encourage each other.
Get some fitness equipment for beginners to get in shape and stay in shape for good health and long life.
>> Click here for our Home Gym Accessories Review <<
Please leave a comment in the comments section. If you have questions or need to engage you can also write in the comments section. I will definitely get back to you soonest….
Please follow us and share..