When we talk about the Hex Barbell Set we mean the Hex Barbell including the weight plates altogether used as a set.
The Hex Barbell is made out of strong metal rods welded into a hexagon shape allowing a person to stand in the middle and lift with the handles on their sides.
This barbell (also known as a Trap Bar) is used in strength training particularly for deadlift exercises.
A deadlift is an exercise where you lift a weighted barbell from the ground up to hip level and back to the ground.
It is one of the basic barbell compound exercises where you work out several muscle groups at the same time.
You must keep your back straight and bend your knees slightly to pick up the bar.
This exercise is not easy to perform. A lot of trainers struggle with the correct form.
As in any exercise, the correct form is crucial for maximum gains and to minimize injury.
This is where the Hex Barbell comes in handy. This bar from the way it is made automatically corrects your form and enables you to make perfect deadlifts.
It’s not only deadlifts that you use the hex bar for. You can use it for other workouts like:
– Shoulder press
– Shoulder Shrugs
– Push-Ups (as a push-up stand)
– Split Squats
– Bent Over Rows
The Hex Bar is a multifunctional piece of equipment especially when you use it with rubber bumper weight plates. Bumper plates do not damage your floors and are safer to use in the home.
It works out cheaper to buy the plates as a set rather than buying single pairs. In any case, a set is good in that you have more weights to easily adjust your load when training.
In this article, we are going to review a Hex Barbell and Bumper Plates from one seasoned manufacturer and supplier of gym equipment.
The content on this page contains links to merchants. I might earn money for coffee if you buy something from the merchants through these links. Note this does not affect the price of your purchase. Full Disclosure here
Product: Hex “Trap” Bar
Supplier: Fringe Sport
Check prices at Fringe Sport
Product: Milspec Bumper Plates
Supplier: Fringe Sport
Check prices at Fringe Sport
Features of the Fringe Hex “Trap” Bar
– The Bar is made out of a strong solid steel frame with a chrome finish
– The Bar has two handles, one which flushes with the sleeves and a second one directly above the first one
– Both handles are knurled for a firm grip
– The Bar weighs 45 Lbs
– The Bar weight capacity is 600 Lbs. You can load weight plates up to 300 Lbs on each side
– The Bar sleeves are 10″ long with a 2″ diameter. This is where you load the bumper plates.
– The Space between the handles is 24″ for lifting
– Free shipping in the USA and paid shipping to other countries outside the USA
Pros of the Fringe Hex “Trap” Bar
– The Hex Bar will perfect your deadlifts and shoulder shrugs
– It is multifunctional and can be used to perform other exercises
– The Bar is made out of a strong solid steel frame that is durable to last a lifetime
– The Bar has two different handles that allow for multiple positions for your workouts
– The Knurling on the handles is good for a firm grip
– The Bar Weight capacity of 600 Lbs is perfect for beginner to intermediate use
– 1 Year Warranty offered by Fringe Sport shows confidence in their product
– Free shipping within the USA and for folks in Texas there is a 10% discount for pick-ups from their factory
– International Shipping available – You can order from any country in the world, just get a quotation first
The Cons of the Fringe Hex Bar
– The 600 Lbs weight capacity may not be enough for some professional lifters. Ronnie Coleman deadlifts up to 800 Lbs
– The Bar only works with 2″ diameter Olympic Plates, it will not work with 1″ beginner plates
– Free shipping in the USA is only up to curbside in the street. You have to pay if you need the package to be taken up the driveway or into the house.
Features of Milspec Bumper Plates
– The Bumper Plates are sold as single pairs or sets from 100 Lbs to 260 Lbs
– The plates are made out of virgin rubber with a steel collar in the middle for inserting the bar sleeves
– 1 Year Warranty on 10 – 15 Lbs plates and 3 Year Warranty on 25 – 55 Lbs plates
Pros of the Fringe Milspec Bumpers
– Rubber bumper plates do not damage floors and other furniture. They are very safe to use in the home gym.
– The Plates are made out of high-density virgin rubber which is strong and durable
– The high-density virgin rubber has a low dead bounce for better safety. When dropped the plate will have a small bounce and easily come to rest
– The plate collars in the middle are made out of stainless steel which is strong and rust-resistant. Other bumper plates have brass collars which are not very strong.
– The plates are made thinner than other bumper plates which mean you can easily load more weight on the bar sleeves
– The plates are quieter when lifting, with no metallic clicking noises
The Cons of the Fringe Milspec Bumpers
– The plates have a new rubber smell on delivery. You have to leave them exposed to air for about a week to get rid of the smell.
A Hex Barbell Set is essential equipment for serious strength trainers. Strength Training enables you to gain bigger and stronger muscles, bones, and joints.
It is good to have the hex bar and the bumper plates in your home gym.
With the Hex Bar set you can perform compound deadlifts correctly for maximum gains and at the same time reduce the risk to injure your lumbar spine and lower back.
It’s not only deadlifts that you use the hex bar for. It is a multi-functional piece of equipment that you can use to perform other exercises.
> Purchase the Fringe Sport Hex Bar now.. <<
> Purchase the Milspec Bumper Plates Set..<<
Please leave a comment in the comments section. If you have any questions or need to engage, do not hesitate to write in the comments section. I will get back to you.
Please follow us to receive the latest posts by email and share if you enjoyed reading this :