Product : Marcy MWM-988 Multifunction Steel Home Gym 150lb Weight Stack Machine
My Rating : 8 out of 10
The Complete Home Gym
Multifunction Home Gym Machines make your home workouts feel like you are in an actual commercial gym. Yes you may miss your buddies, the noise and the sweaty atmosphere but the home gym machine enables you to workout just as much.
The machines work with a stack of weights and pulleys for resistance. They work with cables attached to the weights for you to pull and push as you workout.
The weights will be arranged in such a way that you can vary the level of resistance depending on your level of fitness.
The home gym machine allows you to do multiple exercises. You get to work your lower body, mid section and your upper body all on one machine.
You still have the option to use some of your free weights on the machine. Like you can still do your bicep curls with dumbbells or barbell using the preacher curl pad on the machine.
The machine compliments the other equipment you may have in your home gym and makes your workout experience complete.
The content on this page contains links to merchants on the products under review. I might earn money for coffee if you buy something from the merchants through these links. Note this does not affect the price of your purchase. Thank you for the support. See Full Disclosure here
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Features of the Marcy MWM-988 Multifunction Home Gym
Since the start of Covid-19 there is increased demand for home gyms as the commercial gyms are closed per government regulations.
People are buiding up their home gyms to keep fit. These are the features of the Marcy MWM-988 Home Gym
- The Marcy MWM-988 Home Gym is made out of 14 gauge steel tubes
- It supports maximum user weight of 300 Lbs
- 150 Lbs weight stacks that have protective covering
- Dual action press arms that switch from butterfly to chest presses
- Adjustable/removable preacher curl pad for bicep curls
- Workout chart fixed on the machine for your reference.
- Uses a combination of weight and resistance for the workouts.
Pros for the Marcy MWM-988 Multifunction Home Gym
The following are my reasons why you should buy this multifunctional home gym machine :
- The steel frame made out of 14 gauge steel tubes is quite strong and robust. Tha machine will not wobble when in use
- The preacher curl pad is height adjustable. You can also remove it for some leg exercises where you need to.
- You can do various types of exercises on the machine for a full body workout.
- It comes with an exercise chart which shows the different exercises you can perform. Up to 15 workouts on the chart
- Protective cover for the weight stacks helps to prevent injury from the moving parts when working out.
- Vinyl and form padded upholstery for the seat, backrest, preacher curl pad and the arms for comfortable use.
- Fitted with ankle straps for your safety in the leg workouts
- The preacher curl arm is height adjustable and removable when you need to
Every man made machine has its positives and negatives. The Marcy MWM-988 Multifunction Home Gym has some negatives worth mentioning
- User weight limited to 300Lbs. People heavier than this will break the machine
- The delivery comes in 3 different packages which may come on seperate days. You have to wait for all the packages to be delivered
- The machine has to be assembled when you receive it. 3-4 hours for 2 people to assemble it. Some people may not manage this correctly. The suppliers do not offer assembly service.
- The assembling process requires some basic tools which some people may not have.
- The machine has to stay in place once assembled. If you need to move it you have to take it apart.
Alternative Home Gym – Fitness Hub Home Gym Station
View at Amazon.com
The Fitness Hub Home Gym is another very good piece of equipment for your home workouts. It is also made by a reputable manufacturer. It perfoms most of the exercises the same as the Marcy MWM-988.
Features of the Fitness Hub Home Gym
- 125Lbs weight stack. This is less than the Marcy MWM-988 under review.
- Maximum user weight of 400Lbs. This is better than the Marcy MWM-988 under review.
- No protective cover for the weight stacks. Some risk of injury from the moving parts
- No exercise chart for workout reference
- No return policy from the suppliers. They however promise to fix all problems arising, just no returns.
The Marcy MWM-988 home gym is still good value for money to add to your equipment in your home gym.
Consider the monthly subscriptions you were paying at the gym. This is the same money you can invest in your own equipment for use at home.
Yes you will be training all alone but you still get to do all the workouts you were doing at the gym before.
All in the comfort of your home, away from the risk of contracting Covid-19.
It makes even more sense if your family will join the workouts. If you were to pay subs for everyone at the gym, the amount can be quite substantial.
Why not invest in your own Home Gym which everyone at home can use. You buy once to use for a long time.
Any form of exercise should be complemented by eating a healthy diet for fitness. If your goal is to lose weight you must still eat all the food groups but smaller portions of carbs and increase veges and fruits.
Focus on eating the unprocessed foods. Drink lots of water when you workout.
Please leave a comment in the comments section. If you have any questions or need to engage, do not hesitate to write in the comments section. I will definitely get back to you…
Please follow us and share..